5 Year Warranty
TGB is one of the worlds leading Quad and All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) manufacturers producing market leading products with top level design and technology. Models to suit both the Leisure and Agricultural Market. Play Different
Terms and Exclusions
TGB don’t just sell products that look nice. We want our customers to enjoy them for years to come. We use the latest engineering and technical knowledge to engineer our products. We are so proud and confident with this that we offer our customers one of the best warranties that is available worldwide on an ATV product. The 5-year warranty applies to all TGB products bought from an authorised TGB dealer from the 1st February 2020, and it is registered and normally used in the UK. You have statutory rights in relation to the goods against other parties and those rights are not affected by the guarantee.
This document explains the terms & exclusions for two relevant separate warranties that apply to the TGB products, as below:
- Full Warranty
- Engine and gear box warranty
TGB warrants a new vehicle to be free of defects in material or workmanship – we’ve set out the terms and conditions for this below. An authorised TGB dealer will make any repairs, using new or remanufactured parts, to put right any problem covered by this limited warranty free of charge. Whilst the contract to carry out the repairs will be with the dealer, we will pay the costs of the repairs. Any parts replaced during a warranty repair are covered for the remainder of the warranty period only. The warranty is a return to base warranty and does not cover the collection of the vehicle and return to selling dealer.
The Warranty Period
The new vehicle limited warranty is divided into various periods. They begin on the date of registration except for service parts or accessories that are installed at a later date. The warranty is non-transferable from the original owner unless authorized in writing from the TGB UK distributor Dualways Ltd.
- Full Warranty – 24 months parts and Labour covered
- Engine and Gear Box warranty – The remaining 36 months these parts only are covered.
What’s covered by the full warranty?
TGB covers manufacturing defects on the components of a new vehicle for 20,000 miles in the first 24months and for a total of 50,000 miles up to the warranty period termination at 60 months from the date of registration. Exceptions to this are:
Accessories, normal wear, and maintenance items such as tires, batteries, bulbs, filters, lubricants, brake pads & discs, CVT Belts, Drive shaft boots and universal joints are not covered.
Paint on the frame is covered by 24 month warranty but does not cover corrosion or damage caused by impact by general usage.
Under this warranty, TGB are only liable for the repair or replacement of original parts by an authorised TGB dealer that are defective in material or workmanship. TGB are not liable for any costs that may incur getting to a dealer, supplying a replacement vehicle or as a result of being without the vehicle during warranty repairs.
What’s not covered?
Damage due to factors beyond the manufacturer’s control
Examples of this could include:
- Misuse of the vehicle such as overloading, racing, jumping, etc. You’ll find proper usage described in the owner’s manual
- Events such as collision, fire, theft, riot, etc
- Vehicle categorised as ‘total loss’ or ‘insurance write off’
- Alteration, modification, tampering, etc
- Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, bird lime, tree sap, etc), salt, road hazards, hail, wind, storm, lightning, floods and other acts of God
- Cosmetic conditions or surface corrosion from stone chips or scratches in the paint
Damage due to a lack of maintenance, such as:
- Servicing that is not completed within the time and mileage recommendations, as described in the service book and the owner’s manual
- Improper maintenance or the use of fuel, oil or lubricants other than those we recommend in the owner’s manual
- The use of inferior quality parts
- Normal wear, tear or deterioration such as discolouration, fading or deformation
- Surface corrosion on any part
- Gradual wearing of mechanical components
- Gradual wearing of Clutch components
Normal maintenance services described as ‘scheduled maintenance services’ in the vehicles service book and ‘maintenance’ in the owner’s manual, such as:
- Inspection & adjustments
- Drive belt replacement
- minor adjustments
- oil/fluid changes
- replacement of filters
- anti-freeze coolant refill
- wheel alignment and tyre rotation
- bushes and ball joints
Any repair of a vehicle on which the odometer has been altered or on which the actual mileage can’t be readily determined. Extra expenses and damages.
TGB won’t reimburse for any financial loss or other damages. For example, loss of use, lodging and vehicle rentals, travel costs or loss of earnings.
Tyres are covered by the tyre manufacturer’s initial defect warranty. Production changes.
TGB may make changes to the vehicles we build and/or sell at any time without having to make similar changes to vehicles we previously built and/or sold.
Customers must use and maintain their vehicle properly. If they use a vehicle in severe driving conditions, they should follow the extra maintenance steps set out in the owner’s manual.
You may need to show that you’ve maintained your vehicle properly. So you should keep your maintenance records handy, together with all your receipts. The scheduled maintenance records should be filled in whenever a vehicle goes in for service or maintenance.
You should take your vehicle, along with your warranty information and service record booklet, to an authorised TGB dealer during its normal opening hours and ask them to repair it for you. Whilst the contract to carry out the repairs will be with the dealer, we will pay the costs of the repairs. Any authorised TGB dealer can carry out warranty repairs, but we recommend taking it to the one you bought it from if possible.
Engine and Gear Box Limited Warranty
TGB cover the engine and gear box components for the 3rd, 4th and 5th year of the warranty period. Genuine Parts will be free of defects in material or manufacturing – we’ve set out exclusions to this below. This warranty covers the parts replaced or sold by an authorised TGB dealer.
An authorised TGB dealer will either repair or replace any parts to put right any problem covered by this warranty. If the authorised TGB dealer installed the parts, they’ll be repaired or replaced with no charge to you for parts or labour. If anyone else installed the parts, they’ll be repaired or replaced with no charge to you for the parts, but you will have to pay for the labour.
Parts replaced by an authorised TGB dealer under warranty are covered for the remainder of the original warranty period only. Parts sold and installed by an authorised TGB dealer outside of the warranty policy are covered for 12 months from the date they were installed, regardless of mileage.
What’s components in the engine and gear box are not covered:
- Damage or corrosion due to factors such as accidents, negligence, improper repairs or adjustments, misuse, alterations or collision
- Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap etc.) salt, road hazards, hail, wind storm, lightening, floods and other acts of God
- Normal wear, tear and deterioration such as discolouration, fading or deformation
- Parts installed on a vehicle in which the odometer has been altered or on which the mileage can’t be readily determined
- Parts used for purposes they were not designed for
- Parts not properly installed by someone other than an authorised TGB dealer
- Parts without proof of purchase or replacement date
- Parts that an authorised TGB dealer isn’t allowed to sell or install on a vehicle
Under this warranty, TGB are only liable for the repair or replacement of original parts by an authorised TGB dealer that are defective in material or workmanship. TGB are not liable for any costs you may incur getting to a dealer, supplying a replacement vehicle or as a result of being without the vehicle during warranty repairs.
For periodic maintenance and service intervals please refer to TGB Owner’s manual.